Boys Find Prehistoric Mastodon Bone Along Stream in Shelby Township; Walkers Honor Memory of Linden Student Who Committed Suicide
There was plenty of news around the Brighton area this week.
Here are the top five most interesting stories from around Fenton this week.
1. A Shelby Township boy and his cousin will go down in Macomb County's artifact history after discovering an American Mastodon bone, between 13,000 and 14,000 years old, near a stream, Shelby-Utica Patch reported.
2. Testimony ends in case of Highland Township man accused of murdering mother, according to the Oakland Press.
3. Plymouth-Canton community rallies behind widowed mother of three battling a rare cancer, Plymouth-Canton Patch reported.
4. A large group of walkers from the Fenton area and beyond braved cold temperatures to join Lake Fenton High School’s anti-bullying organization, The Starfish Initiative, in honoring the memory of Josh Pacheco, a Lindon student and bullying victim who committed suicide, Fenton Patch reported.
5. Suspected Drunken Driver Causes Serious Accident in Highland, Shuts Down Roadway, reported White Lake Patch.