Canton Man Identified in Multistate Hepatitis C Outbreak Worked at Michigan Hospital; Investigation Continues of Accidental Fatal Brighton Township Shooting
There was plenty of news around Brighton this week.
Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from the Brighton area this week.
1. Dave Kwiatkowski of Canton, who was charged last week with spreading his hepatitis C to 30 patients in New Hampshire, worked at Oakwood Annapolis Hospital in Wayne and is believed to have been employed by other hospitals in Michigan, Trenton Patch reported.
2. Investigation continues into the accidental shooting of 19-year-old Charles Robert Kimball of Howell who was fatally shot in the head with an AK-47 knock-off assault rifle by his friend June 30 while shooting it at the Livingston Conservation & Sports Association's gun range in Brighton Township, according to the Livingston County Press & Argus.
3. A West Bloomfield Woman is Using Life Savings to Build a School in Africa, according to West Bloomfield Patch.
4. The first human case of West Nile Virus in Oakland County this year has been confirmed, according to a press release from the Oakland County Health Division (OCHD), Patch reported.
5. Two women were killed in an accident on Michigan Avenue and Belleville Road in Canton when a Monte Carlo collided with their Cavalier early Tuesday morning, Plymouth-Canton Patch reported.