Countdown to New Year's Eve: 5 Bars Hosting NYE Parties
Local bars host parties with prices to fit just about any budget for New Year's Eve fun.
1. Downtown Main Martini Bar & Grille, 201 W. Main St. in Brighton, hosts a high-end party that includes a full, sumptuous buffet dinner, your choice of draft beer, selected martinis or wine, a large dessert table, party favors, a yummy midnight snack, live entertainment, giveaways for best-dressed party-goers in a room only open to those who've paid the $75 per person/$140 per couple price in advance; call 810-220-8900.
2. Fenton Winery & Brewery, 1545 N. Leroy St., Fenton, has not one but two exciting events on New Year's Eve, Saturday, Dec. 31. The first, a four-course dinner for $49, includes a drink before dinner and your choice of wine or beer pairings for each course, starts at 7 p.m. (It's only $32 if you prefer a non-alcoholic beverage.) See the full menu. This is bound to fill up quickly, so make your reservations soon by calling 810-373-4194. The second event, a performance by Cal Roberts, formerly of the Motown group, The Platters, takes place starting at 8:30 p.m., and there's no cover.
3. The Bluescasters rock Grille 23 Restaurant & Tavern, 1535 N. Old US 23
in Hartland Township (Howell mailing), for New Year's Eve starting at 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31. It's ladies' night, so drink specials are available for the gals. A champagne toast at midnight followed by pizza after midnight is included (those 21 and older only are invited to this party). Call 810-632-5080 and make a reservation as soon as possible to get a seat or for more information!
4. Billy’s Tip ‘n Inn, 6707 Highland Road in White Lake, features the rockin' sound of band 2XL live at its New Year's Eve Bash starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 and include your seat, a champagne toast at midnight, a breakfast buffet and party favors. Call 248-889-7885.
5. Memories Restaurant & Lounge, 1840 S. Old US Highway 23, Brighton, hosts its annual New Year's Eve party from 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31-2 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 1. Typically, the place is packed, so reservations are highly recommended; call 810-227-7230. It's a nice party and a steal for what you get: your $10 cover includes music by a DJ, a champagne toast, favors and a pizza slice at midnight.