Good Morning Brighton
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for Sept. 13, 2012.
Here are five tidbits of news and information we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
Every Tuesday and Thursday, Brighton Patch will post a snapshot of something from around Brighton. Readers are asked to guess the location of where the picture was taken. It will be like a virtual tour guide of Brighton.
1. The weather
Today will be mostly sunny, with a 30 percent chance of showers after 4 p.m., and a high near 81 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a 70 percent chance of showers after 8 p.m., and a low around 55 degrees.
2. Gasoline prices
- Costco, 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd: $4.02
- Mobil, 9925 Spencer Rd: $4.09
- CITGO (Dandy Oil), 1050 E Grand River: $4.09
The Brighton Optimist Club meets at 7:30 a.m. today at the Bauery Restaurant at Mount Brighton Ski Area. Buffet breakfast costs $7. First-time visitors eat for free.
Cinderella's Closet will be open from 3-8 p.m. today at Snedicor's Cleaners. Girls can shop, support a worthy cause and help recycle party attire all at the same time. All dresses are $25. For more information about the boutique call LACASA at (517) 548-1350 or visit www.lacasacenter.org.
Congratulations to Tara Roth for correctly guessing where Thursday's picture was taken at: Scranton Middle School.
Do you know where the picture from today's Good Morning Brighton was taken? Tell us in the comments!