Good Morning Brighton - MaryBeth Potrykus and Suzanne Richardson
Check out the weather, fuel prices and more for July 27, 2012.
Here are five tidbits of news and information we hope you'll find useful or entertaining.
And remember, always included in this Monday-Wednesday-Friday feature is a video from someone wishing everyone "good morning" as part of a message to our community. Today's message comes from Brighton Kiwanis Secretary MaryBeth Potrykus and President Suzanne Richardson.
1. The weather
Today will be partly sunny, with a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m., and a high near 89 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2 a.m., and a low around 61 degrees.
2. Gasoline prices
- Costco, 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd: $3.57
- Sunoco, 602 W Grand River Ave: $3.63
- Meijer, 8650 W Grand River Ave: $3.63
My Stronger Self will hold kids zumba today at 10:30 a.m. Classes are specifically designed for boys and girls ages 7-12. Cost is $10.
Milford's Center Street Park will be filled with music and art on the fourth Friday of each month. The Milford Downtown Development Authority and Huron Valley Council for the Arts will present Friday Night Live at the Center Street Park gazebo from 7-9 p.m. Concert-goers will enjoy free musical concerts and have the chance to browse works by local artists.
What local organization hands out gold-plated dictionaries engraved with sixth grade spelling bee winners' names?
Wednesday's question: What was the largest tax bill paid by Brighton Township landowners in 1843? Answer: The largest tax bill was $45.71 and was paid by Jacintha Clark.