Weekend Planner: Zombie Walk, Haunted Forest, Big Band, and the Hustle
Here's a look at what's happening around town this weekend.
- Where: 1625 Clark Lake Rd, Brighton
- When: 7-10:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: $4 at the door
- Why go: You can enjoy "a night of pure terror"; seriously, this isn't an event for the faint of heart
- Where: Memories Restaurant & Lounge
- When: 4-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 (this is the Hustle lesson)
- Cost: $8 with food/bar purchase or $14 without
- Why go: Learn the couples hustle so you can really boogie next time you're at a wedding or a nightclub.
- Where: Brighton Center for the Performing Arts
- When: 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: $15
- Why go: Enjoy the Stardusters’ recreation of the big band sound as exemplified by music greats such as Glenn Miller, Count Basie, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and Duke Ellington
When: Saturday and Sunday; call the theater at 810-227-4700 or check mjrtheaters.com for exact times.
Cost: Free for children 12 and younger; $1 for accompanying parent(s)
Why go: How often can you say you've taken the kids somewhere for free? You might even be able to splurge on popcorn and treats.
- Where: Cromaine District Library south lawn, across from Hartland Burying Ground (3688 Hartland Road in Hartland)
- When: noon Saturday, Oct. 22
- Cost: Non-perishable food item to donate to Gleaners Community Food Bank (if you can't take part in the walk, but want to donate, the library will accept non-perishable goods from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Why go: Come dressed as your favorite zombie and join in this fun walk. It's a scary daytime trip that you won’t want to miss!
- Pick Your Pumpkin Hayrides noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 and Sunday, Oct. 12 at Kensington Metropark Farm Center, 2240 W. Buno Road, Milford
- Take Flight 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 at Brighton District Library
- Brighton Farmers Market 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 near Millpond Lane and North 1st Street