What's Open and Closed This Fourth of July
Not going out of town this Independence Day? Here's what will be closed around Brighton.
The Fourth of July is Wednesday, and while most workplaces are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around Brighton. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- City of Brighton: City business will have to wait until Thursday as Brighton City Hall will be closed Wednesday. City residents who experience trash pick-up on Wednesdays will have their trash picked up on Thursday instead.
- Brighton Township: Township business will have to wait until Thursday as the Township offices will be closed Wednesday.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on the Fourth of July, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will be one day late
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Main Street: Main Street and all of its intersections will be closed from Church Street to the High School as the Fourth of July Parade kicks off at 10 a.m.
- Library: The Brighton District Library will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. The library will reopen on Friday at 10 a.m.