You may know what’s going on in the current real estate market:
Interest rates at an all-time low.
Inventory is down so sales prices are starting to go up.
Multiple offers on homes for sale that are priced right.
The buyers are out of the woodwork and off the fence looking for a home to purchase.
HOWEVER, is NOW the right time for YOU to buy a home? Buying a home is not a decision I take lightly.
When I meet with potential clients, I discuss their goals and objectives. I explore the motivation of buying and/or selling a home to help them determine if it makes sense for them to do so. Here is a brief summary of questions I ask them:
- What are your financial goals? If you have a house to sell, do you need a minimum amount of money from the sale of your house to purchase your next home? I do a market analysis to see if that is attainable in today’s market.
- What are your career goals? Do you want a shorter commute to work? Do you want to be near the expressway? Have you transferred jobs?
- What are your family goals? Do you need a larger home to accommodate a growing family or are you ready to downsize and desire less maintenance such as purchasing a condo? Do you want to live closer to a loved one that has moved away?
- What are your lifestyle and personal goals? Do you want to live closer to parks and recreations areas? Do you want to live on a lake or near water? Do you want to be near a downtown area or living in the country on acreage? Do you want to own horses?
- What are your hopes and dreams in home ownership? How would buying a home impact the way you live your life? How do you envision your life?
The house is a means of achieving your goals and objectives no matter if you are buying, selling or both.
My motto is that it’s not about the house; it’s all about you. Your needs, your dreams, your finances, your life . . . Talk to your trusted real estate professional, or I am here to help you every step of the way.
The picture is of me walking/hiking along the path at Brighton Rec State Park. One of the reasons I love living in the Brighton area.