Halloween is a day away, on Thursday night. The sun is expected to set at 6:26 p.m. on Oct. 31 and trick-or-treating and events around town will start around 6 p.m.
Not a fan of trick-or-treating or candy not your thing? Here are a few other ideas to help you celebrate the spooky holiday around town.
1. Kids eat free at Stillwater Grill on Halloween
- Don't want to fill up on candy corn and M&M's? Enjoy a nice meal at Stillwater Grill where the kids eat free.
2. Take in a scary movie at MJR
- Still want some spooky Halloween action? Then check out the Carrie, the 2013 re-make of the 1976 classic now in theaters. Check the schedule for showtimes.
- Looking to avoid the crowds on Halloween? Then turn off the house lights, grab some popcorn and order up a good old fashion marathon of movies such as Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream or Friday the 13th.
- The age old lesson of "it's always better to give than receive," also applies to Halloween night. And it's also a great way to see and enjoy some of the most creative and fun costumes around the neighborhood.
- Grab your camera and find a fork in the road. Rumor has it that on Halloween night if you visit a "fork in the road" plenty of ghost/ spirits will appear. Anyone know a good "ford in the road" location in Brighton?
What are your suggestions, Brighton, for celebrating Halloween without trick-or-treating?