- The run takes place on October 5 at 4:15 at the Brighton Recreation Area. Check in starts at 3 p.m. Pre-register here.
2. Haunted Cemetery Tours
- On Oct. 12, the Brighton Area Historical Society will offer haunted tours of the old Village Cemetery next to the Mill Pond in downtown Brighton. Tours begin with a 40-minute indoor presentation at the City of Brighton Arts, Culture and History center at 202 W. Main St. in Brighton followed by a 20-minute stroll through the cemetery. Tour times are at 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. The 8 p.m. show will contain more gruesome stories of Brighton’s past. Tickets are $5 per person and are available from at the CoBACH center.
- Headless Horseman 5K/10K during the Legend of Sleepy Howell is October 26. The race will start and finish near State Street in downtown Howell. All runners are encouraged to dress up in costume.
4. Cromaine Library Zombie Walk
- On Oct. 19, come dressed as your favorite Zombie and bring a non-perishable food item to donate to Gleaners Food Bank. Meet on the south lawn of Cromaine Library in the village, across the street from the Hartland Burying Ground. A scary daytime trip that you won’t want to miss. All ages are welcome.
5. Dine With The Departed
- Friday, Oct 25 at 6 p.m. for one night only at The Dio - Dining & Entertainment in Pinckney.