It's Wednesday and today's quote comes from Phyllis Mcginley:A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away.
Here are some tidbits of news and information that we hope you'll find useful or entertaining. And check out our greeting from the Hartland High School cast of Bone Chiller. Performance dates include:
- Friday, November 9th at 7:30pm
- Saturday, November 10th at 7:30pm
- Sunday, November 11th at 2:30pm
Tickets for the show are on sale now.
1. The weather
Partly sunny, with a high near 46, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Fuel prices
Here's a quick daily survey of the regular per-gallon price, according to gasbuddy.com —
- Speedway: $3.54
- Mobil: $3.64
- Shell: $3.59
- Lowest price at in Highland: $3.33 at Citgo at S. Milford Road and Watkins Boulevard.
- Lowest price in the Fenton area: $3.29 at the Marathon station at Silver Lake.
- Lowest price in the Brighton area: $3.39 at Costco at 6700 Whitmore Lake Rd. and BP at 9400 Lee Road.
We also offer searchable and real-time traffic and fuel prices via Mapquest on our homepage.
3. Cromaine Library Writing & Illustration Contests
Celebrate the 2013 Big Read event by entering the contest. Deadline is Jan. 4. Entry form and guidelines attached.
4. Add Your Events to Patch
Have an event you want to share with the community? Add your own event to Hartland Patch's calendar.
5. Hartland trivia
No one was able to correctly answering Monday's question: According to a blog from the Hartland Art Council, when and where was the concept for the Community Art Collection intitiated? Answer: The concept for the Hartland Community Art Collection was intitiated with the Fifth Annual Hartland Art show in 1971.
Wednesday's question: What is the theme for Cromaine library's 2013 Big Read event?