From parking to the day's events, here are some things to know about the Brighton Nation Celebration that will take place at Brighton High School this Thursday.
3 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Food Vendors & Scheduled Activities includes:
- Cirque Amongus (Interactive Circus Performers), Music In Motion (DJ/Karaoke), Choo Choo Train rides by “Jollie Train”, BAS Tech Dept. (demonstration of new technology and bond improvements), Carnival Bounce City; Inflatables and games for all ages, Brighton’s own Tim Thurmond (World Record Setting Balloon Artist), Pictures with the Brighton Bulldog and Little Caesars Mascots, Hula Hoop Contests (Bring Your own Hoop), Limbo Contests, Face Painting, Demonstrations by the Brighton Library, Fire & Police Depts., Check your Health Station, sponsored by Michigan Rehabilitation Specialists and MyNutratek. Appearances by the B.H.S. Cheer and Pom Teams and Marching Band.
- 3:15 pm – 1st Free Prize Drawing (Main Stage *24). Prize Drawings will occur every 15 minutes at the main stage. The barrel to drop your ticket in is also located at the main stage, (*24).
- 4:15 pm – K-4 & Grades 5-8, Limbo Contest Pre-Lims (*28).
- 4:45 p.m. – K-4 & Grades 5-8, Hula Hoop Contest Pre-Lims (*30).
- 5 p.m. – K-4 & Grades 5-8, Limbo Finals (Main Stage *24).
- 5 p.m. – High School & Adult Limbo Pre-Lims (*28).
- 5:15 p.m. – High School & Adult Hula Hoop Contest Pre-Lims (*30).
- 5:15 p.m. – K-4 & Grades 5-8, Hula Hoop Finals (Main Stage *24).
- 5:25 p.m. – High School & Adult – Limbo Contest Finals (Main Stage *24).
- 5:35 p.m. – High School & Adult Hula Hoop Contest Finals (Main Stage *24).
- 5:45 p.m. – Cirque Amongus – Unicycle/Juggling/Comedy Show (Main Stage *24).
- 6:15 p.m. – B.H.S. Marching Band Step Off and Tailgate Performance, B.H.S. Parking lot roads.
- 6:45 p.m. – Presentation & Delivery of the Brighton Bulldog Balloon Sculpture (Main Stage *24).
- 7 p.m. – Brighton Nation Celebration Community Tailgates Concludes.
- 7 p.m. – Brighton Stadium Re-Dedication & Brighton Bulldog Varsity Football vs. Novi.
Helicopter Football Raffle Drop at Halftime
Laser Light Show produced by Laser Image Productions, Greenfield IN. following game.Note:
- Parking Lots at Brighton High School open to the public. Auxiliary Off-Site parking available at Brighton Community Center, Lindbom Elem., and Nazarene Church.
- The South Lot behind Brighton High School will not be open due to construction.
- The North Lot as you enter the drive is now not open public parking but rather is reserved for Business Club Members and Event Staff.
- Overflow parking is available at the Brighton Community Center, Lindbom Elementary, and The Nazarene Church. All within walking distance to B.H.S.