Brighton will soon be getting an ALDI store, according to the City of Brighton Planning Director Amy Cyphert.
The discount grocery chain will occupy a portion of the former Sears location in the Brighton Mall on Grand River Avenue and is expected to open its doors in January 2013, according to J.T. Brannenman, Webberville division director of operations for ALDI.
"ALDI is answering growing demand for our products and responding to market dynamics," Brannenman said. "We selected this location based on population density, proximity to competition, cost of the property and traffic patterns. We want to be conveniently based where ALDI shoppers are located."
ALDI will host a hiring event for its new Brighton location on Tuesday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Express.
The store is looking to fill about 20 positions and the hiring event is open ot the public.
- Cashiers – $10.50 per hour
- Shift Managers – $14.50 per hour
- Manager Trainees – $21.00 per hour
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Retail experience preferred
- Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
For more information, visit www.aldi.us.