Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories around Brighton this week.
1. A 33-year-old Farmington Hills woman who contracted a "flesh-eating bacteria" died last weekend after doctors gave her only a 33 percent chance of surviving the disease, WXYZ Channel 7 Action News reported.
2. A Rose Township teenager is in critical condition after become entangled in a zip line at Davisburg Elementary school, according to the Oakland Press.
3. Livingston County authorities are on guard for next wave of synthetic drugs, reported the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
4. White Lake-Highland Patch reported that a challenger seeking office for White Lake Township Supervisor has a against him in Oakland and Livingston County for making threats.
5. Plymouth-Canton Patch reported that , was a Canton High School graduate who began swimming on the local teams.