Here are the top five most interesting stories from around Fenton this week.
1. A Shelby Township boy and his cousin will go down in Macomb County's artifact history after discovering an American Mastodon bone, between 13,000 and 14,000 years old, near a stream, Shelby-Utica Patch reported.
2. Testimony ends in case of Highland Township man accused of murdering mother, according to the Oakland Press.
3. Plymouth-Canton community rallies behind widowed mother of three battling a rare cancer, Plymouth-Canton Patch reported.
4. A large group of walkers from the Fenton area and beyond braved cold temperatures to join Lake Fenton High School’s anti-bullying organization, The Starfish Initiative, in honoring the memory of Josh Pacheco, a Lindon student and bullying victim who committed suicide, Fenton Patch reported.
5. Suspected Drunken Driver Causes Serious Accident in Highland, Shuts Down Roadway, reported White Lake Patch.