Here are the top five most interesting stories from the Brighton area this week.
1. Leo Bard commissioned to have his 300-year-old Oak tree transformed into a memorial in front of his Hartland home, reported Hartland Patch.
2. Two men were arrested on charges of marijuana possession after one man "butt dialed" 911 on accident and the dispatcher overheard them discussing marijuana and heroin during the duration of the call, White Lake Patch reported.
3. The Holly Recreation Area is hosting a Zombie Dash this weekend, reported the Holly Express.
4. A 20-year-old man who had barricaded himself in a West Bloomfield home with a shotgun peacefully surrendered to police Thursday morning after a brief standoff, according to West Bloomfield Patch.
5. VINA Dental Center was awarded a $65,000 grant from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan provide dental care to low income pregnant women, WHMI reported.