Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Fenton this week.
1. After more than two days of deliberation, a jury in Oakland County Circuit Court found Highland resident Jeffrey Pyne guilty of second-degree murder. Pyne faces up to life in prison for the conviction, reported White Lake Patch.
2. Kahuna Coffee sold ornaments to raise more than $1,500 for Hartland High School sophomore Michael Anderson who was re-diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, reported Hartland Patch.
3. A West Bloomfield Family Accused of Running Drug Enterprise out of Gas Station has been Arraigned, reported West Bloomfield Patch.
4. Livingston County residents sought 180 licenses to purchase handguns and 80 applications for concealed weapons permits since Dec. 17 in the wake of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy in Connecticut, reported Livingston Daily.
5. Novi's Toasted Oak Grill & Market is a star in the latest Chevy commercial for the 2013 Chevy Cruze, where a couple makes a tour of several Metro Detroit eateries in their new Chevy Cruze and stop to eat at the Novi restaurant, Novi Patch reported.