As today is Dr. Martin Luther King. Jr., Day, a number of places in Brighton are closed. Here's a quick look at notable closures:
- Brighton City Hall
- City of Brighton Community Center
- Brighton Area Schools (with the exception of the Bridge Alternative School).
- Brighton Post Office, no mail deliveries.
Key places remaining open and things to do this MLK, Jr. Day include:
- Brighton Senior Center in the Miller Intergenerational Center from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Charter Township of Brighton from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30-5 p.m.
- Brighton District Library from 10 a.m.-9 p.m., and will feature a reception for the Brighton Art Guild from 6-8 p.m.; genealogy assistance from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and an adult book discussion of The Leftovers by Tom Perotta, at 7 p.m.
- Rollerama II; it features a special "school's out matinee skate" from 12-6 p.m. (Cost is $8 plus skating rental, which ranges from $2-$4.)