- City of Brighton offices are closed Monday and Tuesday. They will reopen on Wednesday.
- Brighton Township Hall is closed Monday and Tuesday. They will reopen on Wednesday at 8 a.m.
- The U.S. Postal Service will suspend delivery and branch operations on Tuesday. Regular service will resume Wednesday.
- Trash Collection will be delayed one day. Residents whose trash is picked up on Tuesday will be picked up on Wednesday, and residents whose trash is picked up on Wednesday will be picked up on Thursday.
- Brighton District Library will be closed Monday and Tuesday and will reopen on Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Banks in the area are closed on Tuesday.
- Restaurants that will be closed include Ciao Amici's, Brighton Bar & Grill, Buon Gusto, Yum Yum Tree, The Wooden Spoon, and Great Harvest Bread Company.
- Call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
Things to Do
- Skate it out at Rolleram II. The rink is open for open skate from noon – 5 p.m.
- Walk it out at Brighton Recreation Area. The DNR’s annual Shoe Year’s Day Hike will kick off at noon at the Bishop Lake Complex. Refreshments and snowshoes provided.
- Eat it out at your favorite area restaurant. To help their customers start the year with full bellies, Lynn's Cafe will be open from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Need a pick-me-up? Usually limited to weekends, the Bloody Mary bar at Lu & Carl’s Bar and Grill will open from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. For a dose of caffeine, head to Two Brothers Coffee from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Stone Fire Bistro, Stillwater Grill, Bagger Dave’s, and The Pound! Bar and Grill are open during regular hours.
- Sit it out at MJR Brighton Towne Square Digital Cinema 20. There are 17 movies to choose from, with options for all ages. Show times begin as early as 10 a.m.
- Throw it out at Brighton Bowl. The lanes are open from 10 a.m. to midnight. All bowling is $2.50 a game before 5 p.m., $3.50 after from 5 - 9:30 p.m., and $2.50 after from 5 p.m. – close. Hourly lane rental is $15 per hour before 5 p.m. and $20 per hour after 5 p.m. Rent shoes for $2.75 per pair.
Did we forget anything? Tell us in the comments.