Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around Brighton this week.
1. Jeffrey Lee Dembs, 61, a West Bloomfield resident and doctor at the My Kid's Doc office on 12 Mile Road in Novi, is being accused on a count of first degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of second degree criminal sexual conduct, all with a person younger than 13, Novi Patch reported.
2. A Fenton man, Kirk Beauchamp, 44, died three days after becoming ill with flu symptoms on Dec. 26, the Tri-County Times said. Beauchamp leaves his wife, Amy, and their five children.
3. Fire crews responded Friday to a serious injury accident on Ford Road, just west of Ridge Road, involving two passenger vehicles and one semi truck, and the driver of one of the vehicles has been airlifted to an area hospital, Plymouth-Canton Patch reports.
4. The Detroit Free Press reports the U.S. economy added 155,000 jobs in December, while the unemployment rate remains at 7.8 percent.
5. In Livingston County Circuit Court, Donald Watts Jr. was sentenced to 29 months to 15 years in prison for providing heroin to Kimberly Schanta, 20, of Brighton, who was later found dead of an overdose in 2011, the Livingston County Press & Argus said.