Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer, is Monday.
The holidy "constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country," according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
While most workplaces are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around Brighton. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- City of Brighton: City business will have to wait until Tuesday as will be closed all day Monday.
- : Township Hall will also be closed all day Monday.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service Post Offices will be closed Monday. There will not be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Brighton Area Schools: Schools are closed Monday. First day of school begins Tuesday.
- Library: The will be closed all day Sunday and Monday. The library will reopen on Tuesday at 10 a.m.