Saturday is Sweetest Day – a day to show the ones you care about just how special they are to you.
If you're tired of the same old dinner and a movie routine, not to worry! Patch is coming to the rescue. We've got you covered with these great date night ideas:
Stay home ideas:
- Get competive! Plug in the Wii or PlayStation and challenge your partner to a game of Rock Band, Grand Slam Tennis or Bowling. Have a tournament - best two of three games wins. Spice things up with interesting bets. Anything goes from dish duty to massages!
- Have a themed movie night. Watch classic mobster flicks like "The Godfather," "Goodfellas" or "A Bronx Tale" while cooking up some pasta. Or watch wedding comedies like "Wedding Crashers" or "Bridesmaids" with slices of cake from Marv's Bakery or even cupcakes from Just Baked.
- Roll things back a decade and bust out the classic board games. decade and bust out the classic board games such as Monopoly or Scrabble.
Artsy date ideas
- Head over to The Ceramic Studio Etc... at 4132 E. Grand River in Howell between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. for some pottery painting. Choose from more than 400 pre-fired bisque items such as plates, bowls, mugs, vases, animals and many seasonal items. Items range from $5 to $100. Reservations are not required.
- Head to the market and pick out two perfect pumpkins, then have a carving contest. Post the pictures on Facebook and let friends be the judge without telling who carved which pumpkin!
Sporty date ideas
- Lace up your sneakers or boots, pack up two water bottles and sandwiches, and head over to Island Lake Recreation Area, 12950 E. Grand River Ave., or the Brighton Recreation Area, 6360 Chilson Road in Howell, for a day hiking trip.
- Channel your inner cowboy and cowgirl and saddle up at the Brighton Recreation Riding Stable. Trail rides are available between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., but reservations are required. Call 810-534-5063.
Outdoorsy date ideas
- Take some old bread down to the Mill Pond and feed the ducks and geese.
- While you're downtown, do some shopping at the Brighton Farmer's Market in the municipal parking lot in front of City Hall.
- It's fall! Head over to Spicer's Orchard, 10411 Clyde Rd. in Fenton, to try out the corn maze. Then pick your own apples or pumpkins. Take them home and try to bake an apple or pumpkin pie together.