.

Brighton Schools Award Bids for New Doors, Concrete and Electrical Work

School Board members approved three bids as part of the first series of bond improvements.

Brighton Area Schools Board of Education approved bids from local companies to replace doors, repair concrete and electrical work as part of the first bond series improvements during its Monday night meeting.

Edwards Glass of Livonia was awarded the bid to replace 57 percent of the district's doors for $425,400, according to Brighton Superintendent Greg Gray. The other 43 percent of doors will be replaced during the second bond series.

Brighton companies were awarded the other two bids: 6-K Construction will repair the entryway and concrete at the Brighton Senior Center, located inside the Miller Intergenerational Center, for a total of $7,370 and Lineside, LLC will handle electrical work for $12,920.

All three companies were the lowest responsive bidders for each project.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »