Participation in sports provides ample opportunities for children to build strong friendships with their peers and mentoring relationships with their coaches. This brand-new league will offer seventh- and eighth-grade girls the opportunity to get in the gym and compete against their peers while receiving skill work during practices.
- Practices: Scheduled to begin the week of Jan. 31.
- Games: Teams will play eight games, six Saturdays and two weeknight games during the season. Scores and standings are not kept, and trophies are not distributed for these leagues. Games will begin Feb. 12 through March 26.
- Team rosters: Players will be placed randomly by a computer-generated program based on grades and then birthdates. The only requests that can be made are carpooling where both parents make the same request; otherwise, it will not be granted.
- Uniforms: The black and white SELCRA reversible jersey is required for participation. Please come to the SELCRA office to purchase the jersey for $15.
- Additional information: Returning participants may use last season's jersey. Parent volunteer coaches are needed!