Do you have an event you want to share? Click here to add it to the Brighton Patch events calendar.
1. CROP Hunger Walk
- When: Sunday, Oct. 20 starting at 1:30 p.m.
- Where: First United Methodist Church, 400 E. Grand River Ave.
- What: Walk through downtown Brighton begins at 2 p.m. The CROP Hunger Walk is a community-wide endeavor to raise money to help poverty stricken areas around the world, and 25 percent of the money collected will go to help the local Gleaners and Love INC programs. All community members are encouraged to participate.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 19 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Brighton District Library
- What: Join Pinckney artist and illustrator Lori Taylor for a series of art workshops that inspire your creativity and teach fun drawing techniques. This month's session will focus on designing fantasy characters and creating your own graphic novels! No experience is required to participate and the Library supplies all materials.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m.
- Where: American Legion Club #141 3265 W Grand River
- What: The Michigan State Council of Epsilon Sigma Alpha is hosting a Halloween Party to show our support for Military Families! Please join us for lunch, cupcake decorating, trick or treat bag decorating, a face painter, games, trunk or treat in the parking lot and we will be taking pictures of the children, printing them and have all the materials for them to make a card to send to their military loved one.