Brighton State Recreation Area
Brighton State Recreation Area is a 4,947 acre facility offering lots of great amenities and activities. The park office has limited hours but the park itself seems to be open most of the time except for the equestrian center. The park offers hiking trails, camping, fishing, swimming, boat rentals and lots of great opportunities to explore and enjoy the outdoors.
Unique to this park is the equestrian center. You may ride and board your horse here year round (with a small gap during hunting season for riding). Tack items are also available for sale if you need anything. Reservations are required for the equestrian center with 24 hour advance notice required. Additionally, gift certificates for lesson packages, summer camp, trail rides and other gifts are available.
- Hours: Park office hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of campsites: 50,144
- Facilities (campgrounds): Food/drink, Game room, Restrooms, Swimming, Trails
- What's the best time of year to visit the campground?: Summer months are great, but fall camping before the weather turns cold is also a favorite of many.
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Benches, Boat dock, Camping, Grills, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Ranger, Restrooms, Showers
- Permit requirements: Permits are required to enter the park.
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 4947 acres