Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories that happened around Brighton this week.
1. There were earlier this week, which forced officials to cancel classes Tuesday. An 18-year-old suspect will face charges for the incident, according to Hartland Patch.
2. Pinckney resident Kim Liepold is creating awareness about the dangers of K2 and other brands of herbal incense that are sold throughout Livingston County and the state, according to the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
3. Dexter Patch reported that construction crews from Lodi Farms in Ann Arbor planted 22 new trees along Central, Huron and Second streets in Dexter, some of the hardest hit areas devastated by an that blew through the community on March 15.
4. Holly High School Principal Dave Nuss was named the 2012 High School Principal of the Year by the Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals, according to the Oakland Press.
5. Fenton Police arrested a health care professional suspected of filling out false prescriptions and seized more than 400 pills from the man Tuesday, according to Fenton Patch.