Here is a look at the top five most interesting stories from the Fenton area this week.
1. A in Plymouth turned up a fake device resembling dynamite, Plymouth Patch reported.
2. A Brighton man had a two-hour standoff with police Monday, according to the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
3. appeared in Novi Wednesday, reported Novi Patch.
4. Former Fenton residents Andrew and Kandis Forney were sentenced for their roles in trying to and dismemberment of a 21-year-old Ohio woman, Fenton Patch reported.
5. A 52-year-old Milford resident was in Highland when the man made death threats to employees after he discovered his truck was not under warranty, White Lake-Highland Patch reported.