Here are the top five most interesting stories from the Brighton area this week.
1. A former Fenton foreign exchange student has been nicknamed “Hercules” after he helped a man escape a car after it collided with a train in Australia, Fenton Patch reported.
2. A Hartland woman found a bullet hole in her home, reported Hartland Patch.
3. A 2-year-old girl died after a house fire in Howell, according to the Livingston Daily Press and Argus.
4. 18 guns were stolen in an apartment burglary, Northville Patch reported.
5. Walled Lake Western students mourned the loss of their Homecoming King, according to the Oakland Press.