FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
CONTACT: Karla Tobey (email@example.com)
or Jenny Bloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Community Theatre of Howell proudly announces performances of The Little Mermaid JR
INFORMATION AT A GLANCE:
- What: The Little Mermaid JR performances
- Who: The Community Theatre of Howell
- Where: At Howell High School Freshman Campus, 1400 West Grand River, Howell, MI 48843
- When: December 6, 7, and 8, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. and December 8 and 9 at 2:00 p.m.
- Educators: December 4 and 6, 2012 at 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., and December 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. and 12 noon. School group tickets at a reduced rate. Teacher’s guides are available. Contact Ryan Johnson, School Liaison @ email@example.com for tickets.
- Public performance tickets are available beginning November 8th, 2012 at the Bennett Recreation Center in Howell, Parent/Teacher Tech Center in Brighton, Maria’s School of Dance in Fowlerville, and through the theatre box office at 517-545-1290, or online at www.cththeatre.org.
- Tickets: All tickets are $7.00 (Visa and MasterCard are accepted)
The Community Theatre of Howell is pleased to announce performances of The Little Mermaid JR where in a magical kingdom fathoms below, the beautiful young mermaid Ariel (Aubrie Gramer) longs to leave her ocean home to live in the world above. But first, she'll have to defy her father King Triton (Jack Oliveri), make a deal with the evil sea witch Ursula (Tori Poloski), and convince Prince Eric (Zac Hines) that she’s the girl with the enchanting voice. Adapted from Disney’s 2008 Broadway production, Disney's The Little Mermaid JR. features the hit songs "Part of Your World," "She’s in Love," and the Oscar-winning "Under the Sea."
To round out a very talented group of 44 youth from throughout Livingston County and beyond, you will also find Drew Laughner (Scuttle), Jacob Scherba (Sebastian), Kaitlyn Bloom (Carlotta), Nic Bishop (Flounder), Lauren Eldred and Maddie Haas (Flotsam and Jetsam), Tyler Dixon (Pilot and Chef Louis), and Joshua Ceccacci (Grimsby). Ariel is accompanied by her lovely Mersisters (Julia Coulier, Emily Harkins, Aubrey Klein, Tori Rogers, Bronsyn Sacker, and Rachel Wylie). Ursula’s counterparts, the Poor Unfortunate Souls (Abbey Bean, Amanda Bock, Alex Klein, Sarah Laughner, and Gwenna Zanin), endeavor to attain Ariel’s enchanting voice. Alongside Scuttle are 3 squawking gulls (Madison Lim, Jenna Pasfield, and Joseph Streight). Pilot’s crew, a group of sailors (Megan Bryne, Audrey Moyer, Ethan O’Dell, Carly Scruggs, and Stephanie Simonson), weather out the storm. No sea or land scene would be complete without the sea creatures or the lagoon animals (Aimee Bean, Becca Bishop, Hannah Brock, Brett Coleman, Alexis Gronow, Nelson and Nathan Hull, Amy Lucas, Brienna Scheidler, Lucy Thomas, Makenna Usher, Emily Wilson, and Isabella Woodby).
The show is co-directed by Sherry Randall and Ann O’Reilly, music director Marci Johnson, choreographer Maria Usher, and assistant choreographer Rachel Tobey; produced by Karla Tobey, and assistant Jenny Bloom. Behind the curtains are stage manager Lynda Bednarczyk and assistant Ben Breneman.